Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back to Square One - Third Time The Charm?

Third Time's The Charm:

"Prov. The third time you try to do something, it will work."
http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=2970548949404017574

The past month my energy level went from slowly increasing and manageable to having none over night with little to nothing to provoke the "crash" as I like to call them. At first I tried hard to work through my tired feeling only to notice that I was becoming increasingly more sensitive emotionally and on top of it trying to pretend like nothing was happening which was getting to me mentally. Mentally is only to be expected... over a year of this is rather difficult to not allow it to affect your positive outlook of the situation. It's OK to feel like this so long as you figure out a way to accept it and snap back.

I finally bit the bullet faced reality when my knees, hand joints and neck started to hurt a lot and scheduled an appointment with my IDS doctor. He was none to pleased to see that I was in his office again. I went for a long while without him and while I love him to death the man isn't really someone I want to see a lot. We went over everything and he/we decided to start over from scratch for a third time. (yes, at this verbal acknowledgment of reality I did find it hard to keep myself composed while in his office)

Yesterday I started 100mg of Doxy orally... again. This all seems so familiar doesn't it? That's because this is the THIRD time doing this. Third times the charm right?

The Treatment Plan:


Meds:
  • Oral Doxy for 30 day
  • IV possible again in 30 days depending on response to oral and test results

Tests:
  • Give more blood - Prior to this I had only had my blood drawn once in my life... Can you beleive that? Now I'm a pro.
  • Get MRI with Contrast this time
  • Sleep Study

My Plan this time around:

Work:

  • Continue to try and remain here working as long as I can keep up with things. My boss's wife recently was diagnosed with breast cancer... and is going through treatment. While he is out I'm attempting to hold the fort down and this already is posing as a challenge. This is a dilemma and for now, I'm choosing to keep my mouth shut about my relapse and will revisit if I get worse.

Exercise:

  • During my slow recovery time I got from 155lb to 143lb and would like to stay at 143. I will not gain more weight but now might not be the time for trying to go the other way. I want to try and continue walking, biking inside, and swimming if possible or some type of movement for at least 15 min every day. Yoga once a week and possible reinstatement of physical therapy if I go on IV again. I think trying to stay moving a little this time around might make a big difference.


Emotional Wellness


  • Accepting that I'm doing this again is the first step to dealing with this and not allowing it to come out in anger or other destructive ways. For now the plan is to continue to focus on teaching myself the guitar as an outlet and remaining open to the possibility of finding a life coach or physiologist to assist in dealing with this if I can't get myself back up in my head. My mind is important to be able to force the exercise portion of this and it must be strong at any and all cost.

1 comment:

  1. It doesnt seem to get any easier does it? maybe this "starting from scratch" stuff is the way to go. I certainly dont have any answers....I wish I did. Maybe starting from scratch you can keep an eye on things more carefully, track progress more carefully, and learn and move forward from there. I know its tough to stay positive through all this, but your strength and attitude has been strong through out....I have confidence that it will continue. Ambor, you are a fighter, and like you have said in past blogs, you have gone out and tried new things and have been unafraid to take on new ventures, even while others would question why or how you could do it. Treat this as a new challenge that you will also triumph over. And learn to play that guitar...you will love it!!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

Ever Changing Daily Goals

  • Run a 5K!!!!

Lyme borreliosis

Lyme borreliosis
Structure Of Bacteria That Causes Lyme Disease Detailed In 3D

Followers