Saturday, March 28, 2009

Joint Pain Gone

Time to play a little catch up.

I slept through ALL last week. My day's consisted of waking up taking long hot oatmeal bath, rubbing cream from doctor all over body and sitting in front of fan butt naked to cool my burning skin. My hands were so swollen I could barely open the little packets of Benadryl. I would try and eat something quick before the Benadryl would kick in and then sleep for a good 5-6 hours. Then when I awoke I would do it all again about three times a day.

I thank the people who helped me take care of myself this last week. Without the dinners you brought me and the help I would not have made it through this one on my own!!! This last week was the hardest week physically that I have ever had. After these last two weeks I've chosen to throw the towel in and take another leave of absence from work. Thank god my boss is as understanding as he is.

I think it's interesting that in the last two weeks I only took 6 days worth of the IV drugs but my joint pain is completely gone. Sure the fatigue is still there and after literally sleeping through a whole week my legs don't really want to work, but the knee pain and ankle pain and back pain that would wake me up at night is completely gone... it's as if it has gone away over night.

I have not decided if this is a good thing or bad thing... I'm still attempting to wrap my brain around some of what is going on with this disease.

I'll take it as a blessing though! Today I went for a nice long walk under the protection of the clouds from the sun. (I can't let my skin see the sun for a little while after what it just went through) My dog was VERY happy to go with me. I love having her around.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ambor

    The pain starting to go away has to be a good thing. And the fact you went for a walk with your dog is also a good thing. I think you made the right move taking some time off from work. Its tough to have your mind in too many different places. Keep the spirits up

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ambor! I'm so sorry that you had to deal with all of that. Sounds like a very miserable time! But it does sound as if things are looking up a little for now. I'm glad that you weren't completely alone and that you did have some support during that difficult week. If you ever want to talk, you can call me anytime!

    xoxo!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Ever Changing Daily Goals

  • Run a 5K!!!!

Lyme borreliosis

Lyme borreliosis
Structure Of Bacteria That Causes Lyme Disease Detailed In 3D

Followers