Sunday, April 5, 2009

Running!!!!!!!!

I have been on the new IV drugs now for about a week. Once I was able to rest and not work I have been focused more on what I need to do to get better. I continued my walks with the grace of the cloud covering and the weather has been amazingly perfect.

This is the first week in my treatment and fight of Lyme where I have been able to take a walk daily for a full week. I have also focused on eating a good breakfast every morning and cooking my food instead of the normal survival mood that I am normally into when I am working. It’s been a good blessing to take the stress off and just work on how my body feels and what it needs.

On my last walk I was a half mile into it and I noticed that I felt like running… I thought for a second and thought, why not! So, I picked a point that I wanted to go to and just started running. I knew that I didn’t want to overdo it and I didn’t want to just run till I didn’t feel like it (that’s never good training!) Logically, I chose a half mile. Not too far, not to short. Then, I started running!!!!

I felt so good, the only thing I kept thinking was that maybe it was time to start walking in my running shoes (which were gingerly cleaned and packed into my closet so long ago) and not my clunky heavy trail running shoes. When I started running my dog, Layla, got excited. We haven’t run sense last September. I got half way through my half mile and started to feel a little winded and tired but nothing that I couldn’t handle.

When I made it to the half mile, I stopped but felt like I could have kept going. I felt like this was a good start to running as I did not want to overdo it at all. I finished my 1 mile left walking and still felt amazing. (I was SOOOO excited that I called my friend up and had to tell her!) It was just a half mile but it felt so good to have done something!

I was very sore the next day which is understandable. My joints are definitely bothering me a little after that run but it was well worth it. I really feel like I’ve had a lot of good days one after the next. I’m excited, but I know that I don’t want to overdo it. I didn’t crash the day after but I chose not to run, and today I chose not to run either. Tomorrow I’m going to try and run but only if I feel it when I go on my walk.

One day at a time! It’s been so long that I’ve felt like this, it’s almost to good to be true. I’ll take what I can get through.

1 comment:

  1. This IS exciting! I can't help but smile when I read about how you're progressing right now.

    ReplyDelete

Ever Changing Daily Goals

  • Run a 5K!!!!

Lyme borreliosis

Lyme borreliosis
Structure Of Bacteria That Causes Lyme Disease Detailed In 3D

Followers