Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May Update

Yes, I have been avoiding anything that has to do with the word Lyme. Yes, including lime's themselves! My couple week sabbatical went longer then expected because I was honestly having WAY to much fun with myself and I didn't feel like I wanted to face my issue's head on for a little while.

I'm back though with some new developments that are rather interesting and frustrating...

2nd to last week of April: Picc line was removed (three weeks on Doxy IV) Was put on Doxy 200mg twice a day orally.

3rd Week of April: VERY SICK with flu of some sort. Was in ER because Doctor thought I had Swine Flu (hahahaha this story is rather funny "now" but not at the time)

1st week of May: Felt better from flu started to try and see if i could tire myself out before I went back to work (swam 1 hour three different times, attended dragon boat practice, helped someone move and even went out with some friends for a little fun on the town) the only effect these had on me was a little soreness in my muscles. I was VERY excited about this new found movement of my body and my ability to mingle with people again. This new feeling of well being gave me a very good glimpse on what life is REALLY like when I feel good and it seemed like everyday I was getting better and better. The best part was when friends mentioned to me that I was, "different." It made me feel like I WAS getting better. My mood went from calm and reserve to bubbly and excited about life. I even made some new friends. It was a complete make over.

2nd week of May: Started work... here is the frustrating part. To know what it feels like to be better and have it taken away is hard. I want to continue to "move" and get more fit again as I feel like a balloon from all my water retention and weight gain (it's only about 30lbs and I look fine just feel BIG)but how am I supposed to do that when one work day completely knocks me off my feet? This is the question I have to ask and this is where I feel like I might be starting from square one again.

I noticed that while I was not working I spent all my time managing my body. If I felt a little fatigued I would carefully look at why and try and change my routine a little. I ate and slept during specific times and made sure that I was not stressed EVER.

How is it possible to manage that while working?

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to focus on the positives. Everything you said above sounds very upbeat to me. Yes..there will be tough spots and some ups and downs, just roll with them. I also found it difficult to manage my health and work. But I found pacing myself seamed to help, and rewarding myself for getting through the day at work by going for a walk outside. keep up the good thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amaizing how much I have come to depend on your feedback! Thanks for being so good at keeping grounded!

    ReplyDelete

Ever Changing Daily Goals

  • Run a 5K!!!!

Lyme borreliosis

Lyme borreliosis
Structure Of Bacteria That Causes Lyme Disease Detailed In 3D

Followers